Thursday, January 22, 2009

Challenge 6 and Cheri's Challenge 5

Challenge 6 is easy for me ... it's a "road block" meaning only one of us completes it and Wendy is the one making the LO. She has to scraplift one of the LO in a gallery of mine with a twist ... she is to flip it either horizontally or vertically and then rotate it 45 degrees. She also has to use the exact same number of elements that I did. Wendy already sent me a preview and it is looking great but she does have to edit one or two things. I'm sure she will post her LO as soon as it is done. I'm looking forward to seeing the finished product!




As Wendy said, the LO for Challege 5 was to contain 3 frames but NO photos. I had to think for a while about this and finally came up with an incident that I recorded in my journal almost 2 years ago but had no photos of. This was certainly a fun challenge and encourages me to scrap about events for which photos aren't available.


Journaling
March 31, 2007
While out dirtbiking, the chain on Mike’s
bike broke. We figured we could either
try to walk several miles back to our camper
or try to both fit on my small pit bike.
Amazingly, we both fit. I sat as far
forward as possible and Mike sat behind
me and steered, braked, etc. I held on
to the middle of the handle bars but had
to relax and leave the steering and
running of the bike to Mike. He told me
when he wanted me to shift gears but that
was all I could do.

Life is so much like this ride ... God is the
one in control -- steering, guiding,
determining speed and braking. When I try
to control things, I am frequently fighting
him. He may choose a different path around
an obstacle than I would. If I relax and follow
His leading the trip may be uncomfortable
at times but it will also be enjoyable and draw
me closer to Him.


Credits
Background paper – Behind the Reeds
3 Frames – Verena Karolyi’s Cardboard Frames 2, 3, 6
Tree – Doreen Stolz’ What A Feeling
Dirt Spatters – OMAAT Thankful Heart
Sign Post – Tinnette's Behind the Reeds
Cacti – CRD’s Aloe Plants
Sunbeem – CRD’s Sunny Days
Alpha – CRD’s Epoxy Alpha
Bluebird – Helen Ehrenhofer’s Mom’s Garden

Font: Zirkon

No comments: